Our arrival in France has been stalled due to a few additional "mishaps' by the tradesmen working on My French Folly. On the plus side we have been spending the extra days having a wonderful time in Switzerland surrounded by snow capped mountains and enjoying the exceptional hospitality of my cousin & her family. I will be out of the blog-sphere for a few days until we hook up a computer in France.
Thursday, 28 June 2012
- the wrong type of window was used to replace a large window that was broken, but overlooked when the renovation estimates were given;
- the ceramic sink is out of production until September (despite being in the current product catalogue) - the person organising the insertion of the kitchen just went ahead and purchased another type without consultation;
- my beloved flagstones have been taken up and dumped outside;
- the quotes for the re plastering were so grossly underestimated that the sitting room, bedroom, hallway and ceilings have been left untouched;
- the plasterer has damaged his ankle on another job so he hasn't finished his contract with us;
- the bathroom is unfinished - the plumber started with another client so he is now juggling multiple contracts;
- the new 2 windows which were to be inserted in the dining room have been scrapped because the planning permit hasn’t been granted (as yet) even though it was submitted 12 months ago……well at least that’s what I’ve been told!
|My French Folly. Courtesy of Matt & Meeri|
What makes me hopping mad is that if the project was managed within the timeframe set out when we engaged services of My Man on the Ground, many of the issues and disappointments that we’ve experienced in order to get the house to a habitable standard, would not have occurred.
If anything else goes wrong with My French Folly, I’ll “blow a gasket”..........I had a dream…… I had a budget………I have an expensive nightmare!
|One of the views from My French Folly, Courtesy of Matt & Meeri|