Sunday 8 May 2011

Mother's' Day

"Who, being loved, is poor?"          Oscar Wilde

Mother's day is a day for the gathering of the clan and to count my blessings. 
The older I get, the more grateful I am for the simple things in life - and the greater my intolerance of screaming children, particularly those who are spoilt. By the time I am a grandmother, all of my patience with children will have been eroded away – unfortunately I will probably be known as Grandma Grump and be given "wide berth" on Mother's Day.
"All that I am. or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother". Abraham Lincoln .......I just wish that I had inherited a touch more of Mother's characteristics.  My mother was an inspirational woman whom I understand and appreciate even more with the passing of time. I miss her laughter, wisdom, patience, kindness, infectious energy and mischievous sense of humour

"Mothers are all slightly insane."          J.D. Salinger


There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one".  Jill  Churchill.......Yes, Mother's Day is another occasion to reflect upon life.


Perhaps it was with envy that Oscar Wilde said :
"All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his."

No comments: