Saturday 15 April 2017

Joyeuses Pâques




The  familiar, rich tones of church bells,blanketing our village and scattering into the surrounding fields and forests, are absent today. It's disorientating as their recurring presence signposts every quarter hour of my life in France. However, come Easter Sunday, their comforting chimes will be restored once more.  


People respond when you tell them there is a great future in front of you, you can leave your past behind. Joel Osteen

The significance and traditions of this time of year very greatly around the world, but what cobbles them together, is an atmosphere of gratitude and renewal.



For me personally, it is a time to give thanks as well as a time of love, hope, and rebirth. The traditions that I observe at this time of year, both religious and non religious, help to anchor my life. 


Passover affirms the great truth that liberty is the inalienable right of every human being. Morris Joseph

Joyeuses Pâques

SaveSave
SaveSave

9 comments:

SALLY said...


Beautiful pics and especially enjoyed both your Christian and Jewish related quotes.

Elizabeth at Eiffel Tells said...

Thank you for for dropping by and leaving a lovely comment Sally. Warm regards, Elizabeth

Fun60 said...

Your post has a great feeling of warmth about it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and photos.

Decor To Adore said...

I was SO very happy to hear from you Elizabeth!!! I see that a wonderful "Congratulations!" are in order regarding the marriage of your daughter. I wish her and her new husband every happiness. She was truly a stunning bride. Beautiful Easter post. May you enjoy a beautiful spring and a wonderful week!

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Un grand merci pour votre gentil et adorable message laissé sur mon blog.

Je continue à savourer les oeufs en chocolat de Pâques ! comme je savoure les belles photos de ce très joli billet.
Plein de gros bisous.

Paulita said...

Elizabeth, I love glimpsing a French Easter through your eyes. I'm not really sure what I believe any more, but I definitely enjoy my cultural connection to the Catholic church. I'm sure the bells falling silent is a surprising thing in a French town. Here, I always think about the sanctuary candle that is not lit from Good Friday through the Easter Vigil service.
Love the last picture, celebrating Passover and Easter with the sunlight through the crowds.

Deb said...

Hello, thanks for stopping by my blog. I really like you Easter pics and I love the Jewish link also. My husband is Jewish and we celebrate both Easter and Passover every year.

Valerie said...

That last image is breath-taking Elizabeth! Thank you for dropping by my blog. Wishing you a blessed week.

Jeanie said...

I don't know how I missed this. I must double check to be sure I am subscribed! Lovely!